Dirty talk can be really hot but also really awkward. It's normal to feel shy or silly while building your dirty talk skills!
Dirty talk doesn't have to sound like a porn script or be super aggressive, so reframing your idea of what language to use, how to say it and when to say it can help you find your own flavour of dirty talk.
Here are 5 tips for responding to your partner's dirty talk:
- What you say isn't as important as how you say it. Slow everything down, experiment with whispering close to their ear or neck.
- Give affirmation to your partner. Tell them how hot it is to hear their naughty words and how much it turns you on.
- Pair your dirty talk response with a sexy touch. Combining touch with your words can sometimes help you get out of your head and back into the physical erotic sensations available. Try kissing under-serviced erogenous zones of their body, like neck, back, backs of knees and telling them how good they taste and feel.
- Explore blindfolds. Blindfolds can help get you out of your head by heightening your other senses and bringing you into the present.
- Practice lower pressure dirty talk. Pick a sexy activity you already both like to do, for example oral sex or using vibrators, and give or take direction with simple words like faster/slower or harder/softer.
It can be helpful to let your partner know about your insecurities, and take the pressure off of 'performing' for them. We are all insecure in some way during sex, and letting your partner know gives them the opportunity to support you. Remember, dirty talk is a skill, some people have naturally vivid imaginations, but most of us have to practice to feel sexy talking dirty.